There are many ways to get involved with IMV — both big and small. We’ve listed several below, but you may already have something in mind. Either way, we’re here to support your activist journey.
We can’t wait to hear from you and help you get started — or more involved!
Here are a few simple ways you can get involved right now:
- Attend an IMV meeting. Refer to our calendar.
- Get our newsletter. Request it here.
- Let your reps hear from you! Call or visit their offices.
- Write a letter to the editor. Use this helpful document detailing Anthony Brindisi’s policy positions to write a letter of support.
- Donate. Make a contribution through ActBlue. Or donate directly at one of our meetings or events.
Or join with fellow activists in the following endeavors…
Informing Our Representatives
IMV holds regular meetings with government representatives to voice our values, concerns, questions, and requests. Join one of these Liaison Groups to add your perspective.
IMV members have self-organized around specific issues to monitor legislative action and recommend actions to the IMV membership. Issue groups are fluid, responding to current events and priorities. Currently, active groups include Healthcare, Voting Rights & Election Reform, Immigration & Refugees, Environment & Climate Change, Women’s Issues, and Education Justice.
Join a Campaign
Learn campaign skills as you make a positive difference in public life. 2020 is a big election year, and lots of volunteers are needed for phone banking, canvassing, distributing literature & door hangers, data entry, fundraising, and organization. Opportunities to get involved are published in our Friday email newsletter and discussed at our monthly meetings.